Sanitary Cleaning Protocols
To protect your safety, 8 guests only are now allowed into the store at any time, plus staff. We are sanitizing constantly and provide gloves to those who want to use them. This is a dynamic situation. Each of us must do our part to stay informed, and most importantly, stay healthy.
Additional Cleaning Measures at John Henry’s to Handle Covid-19t
First and foremost, our number one concern is the safety of our guests and our staff. Since the pandemic began, we have instituted many additional cleaning measures to ensure guest and staff safety. To confirm our effectiveness, we have QHA perform a cleaning audit. We worked with the QHA team reviewing our property, to become Clean Certified. Their website https://www.qhafirst.com/covid-19 gives you a look into their certification criteria.
Some of the measures they certified include:
- In all our public areas (General Store, our Marina & Resort office, our fuel dock store and in the Café) our posted signs advise all guests as to the number of guests allowed in each area at any one time. When inside please be mindful of the 2 meter rule.
- We are using an eco-friendly product, hypochlorous acid, as our disinfectant. This product is safe on bare skin and will not cause respiratory issues for guests or staff. It has been approved effective against viruses like COVID-19 by the CDC and WHO;
- Hand Sanitizer is available in all public spaces;
- Plexiglass has been added at all pay stations;
- Gloves are available in all guest areas, for use by guests who would like them;
- All Staff have been made aware of the symptoms of COVID-19 and are aware that they cannot work or be onsite if they display any of these symptoms.
- Public washrooms are cleaned daily. Additional disinfectant is also left in the washrooms for guest use;
- All our accommodation units (cottages & houses) are receiving enhanced, COVID-19 cleaning protocols. All high-touch areas will be sanitized by hypochlorous acid. This includes, but not restricted to, all light fixtures, plug ins, door handles and keys, chairs, furniture, hard surfaces and linens.
- All cooking equipment, utensils, plates and bowls receive a sanitation wash between guests;
- Linens will be sent out to a cleaning company where they will be disinfected.
- Any condiments and paper products provided will be new for each guest’s arrival. We are very committed to the safety of all guests and staff and appreciate your confidence in us.
Please ask if you have any questions.
Alan Koller, General Manager